What goes great with ice cream during the Arizona summertime?
It’s not hot fudge or the whip cream and cherry 🙂 …….
How about toe-tappin’ live music!
Take the time to thrive between monsoon rains and Arizona “winter” (sometimes, what we call our summer heat season) to get outside and enjoy music from great local bands.
Beginning Friday, July 21, the Ice Cream and Music Friday Concert Series returns to the Shoppes at La Posada!
This year’s concert series benefits and supports The Community Food Banks of Amado & Green Valley. We are spotlighting this great cause because every year the local food banks mission expands to meet the food insecurity needs of the Southern Arizona community. From past summer concerts, non-perishable food and monetary donations ended up helping our local food bank meet and fill the needs of their customers. Your support of our concert series may assist a great friend, fellow workmate, wonderful volunteer, future scholar, or kindly senior fill their pantry with food.
Also, all receipts earned at Posada Java during the concert hours ( 6 – 8 PM) will be donated to the local food bank too! So, go ahead and have that frosty treat and dance it off with your sweetheart or friends.
Who is performing at our 2017 concerts?
- Friday, July 21, Les Roberts, vintage and contemporary Jazz.
- Friday, July 28, Good Question, a band bringing their own unique beat to classic rock, country, and rhythm & blues
- Friday, August 4, The Banjo Blasters, lively, banjo music playing from swing to jazz
- Friday, August 11, Two’s Company, a musical/comedy duo performing country, big band, and soft rock
- Friday, August 18, The Dust Devils, traditional and newgrass style bluegrass music
- Friday, August 25, The Jukebox Junqies Band, MOVE, DANCE, and FEEL the music of yesteryears
Free admission to all concerts. Donations of non-perishable food items and cash accepted at the concerts for The Community Food Banks of Amado & Green Valley.
All concerts begin 6 PM in the courtyard at The Shoppes! If monsoon rains visit on our concerts dates, we move the concert inside to Posada Java.
The Shoppes is located at 665 South Park Centre Ave., Green Valley, AZ 85614.
For further information about our beneficiary, please visit The Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona website.
La Posada at Park Centre is Arizona’s 1st accredited Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Green Valley, AZ, 23 miles south of Tucson. We offer award-winning, maintenance-free living choices: Apartments, Garden Homes, and Park Centre Homes.