“Our ancestors were survivors. They left footprints and legacy. They didn’t have time to tell their story. Now, we have many tools available to help us tell their story about their lives, accomplishments, and existence. It’s every generation’s duty to document and share their ancestor’s life stories.”
-Darillyn Doss, La Posada resident, and family history library volunteer.
The Green Valley – Sahuarita Genealogy Library opens October 1, 2018!
This family research library offers a wide array of innovative research options for both beginning and experienced genealogists or “Genies”. All library research materials are available to the general public on a first come first serve basis.
The Green Valley – Sahuarita Genealogy Library is brought to the general public through a partnership between the Green Valley Genealogical Society and La Posada.
Why do you want to use the Green Valley – Sahuarita Genealogy Library?
- The only dedicated family history library located in Southern Pima and Santa Cruz counties – No driving 40 miles to Tucson
- Easy access to the public
- This library is staffed by volunteers with genealogy knowledge, “Genies”, to help beginners discover and build their family trees. Go ahead and ask your questions
- A wide circulation of over 2,000 books, periodicals, pamphlets, and maps ready to assist with your family research
- 2 dedicated computer stations preloaded with 21 free genealogy websites for online research
- 10 dedicated research stations with room to spread out
- Coming Soon…A genealogy mystery book section.
Can you check out a family research library book?
Yes! Only if you are a member of the Green Valley Genealogical Society. Applications can be found at the library’s front desk. Or, visit their online membership page. Books can be checked out for up to 3 weeks. A library card will be issued to members.
The Green Valley-Sahuarita Genealogy Library is located inside Posada Java in The Shoppes at La Posada.
The Library’s Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 3 PM
- Saturdays, 9 AM-Noon
- Closed Sundays and Holidays
Have a favorite genealogy book, periodical, pamphlet, or map you’re no longer using? Why not donate it to the library and help us build a circulation that serves many!
La Posada at Park Centre is Arizona’s 1st accredited Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Sahuarita, Arizona, 23 miles south of Tucson. We offer award-winning, maintenance-free living choices: Apartments, Garden Homes, and Park Centre Homes. La Posada serves the Green Valley – Sahuarita area with the following health and wellness initiatives: Posada Life Community Services, Posada Life at Home, Community Connect, and La Posada Outpatient Therapies.