This family research library offers a wide array of innovative research options including over 3,000 books, maps and periodicals for both beginning and experienced genealogists.
The Green Valley – Sahuarita Genealogy Library is brought to the general public through a partnership between the Southern Arizona Genealogy Society and La Posada.
Why do you want to use the Green Valley – Sahuarita Genealogy Library?
- The only dedicated family history library located in Southern Pima and Santa Cruz counties – No driving 40 miles to Tucson
- Easy access to the public
- This library is staffed by volunteers with genealogy knowledge, “Genies,” to help beginners discover and build their family trees. Come and ask your questions
- Dedicated computer stations with Internet access, preloaded with dozens of free genealogy websites for online research
- Family history research books searchable by surname
- Special collections about the US Colonial states and the Mayflower
- Several dedicated research stations with room to spread out
- Genealogy books for sale. Proceeds benefit the library
- A genealogy mystery book section
- Free handouts to help you start or improve your genealogy research
- Everyone is welcome to research with all the available materials
Can you check out a family research library book?
Yes! If you are a member of the Southern Arizona Genealogy Society or a La Posada resident. Applications for membership can be found at the library’s front desk. Or, visit their online membership page. Books can be checked out for up to 3 weeks. Library cards are issued to Society members and La Posada residents.
The Library’s Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 3 PM
- Saturdays, 9 AM – Noon
- Closed Sundays and Holidays